Fat Free Banana Bread
Looking for a fat free and moist banana bread recipe? This recipe is moist and delicious, with loads of banana flavor. Make it for breakfast and slip a slice into a lunchbox. Double the recipe and wrap and freeze the extra loaf to have a quick and easy dessert on hand at a moment's notice.
- 5 ripe bananas
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare a loaf pan by lightly oiling or spraying the bottom and sides.
- In a large bowl mash bananas with sugar and vanilla until combined and creamy. Then mix in the water.
- In a smaller bowl, sift together the flour, soda, powder and cinnamon.
- Add the dry to wet and stir until just mixed. You don't want to over mix or the bread will be dry.
- Pour batter into sprayed loaf pan and bake in preheated 350°F oven for one hour.
You can put other add-ins like chocolate chips, carob chips, nuts or fruit. This is a super yummy loaf that the kids love. It makes great muffins too.