Vegan Recipes - Desserts
Vegan Apple Pie
Submitted by VegFamily Staff
Looking for the best apple pie recipe? We have it right here!
- Pastry for 2 crust pie (recipe)
- ¾ cup fructose or sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 to 7 cups thinly sliced, peeled and cored cooking apples (2 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Soy or rice milk (for glazing)
- Put bottom crust in bottom of 9 inch pie plate.
- In small bowl, combine fructose/sugar and next 4 ingredients.
- Place half of thinly sliced apples in piecrust; sprinkle with half of sugar mixture. Top with rest of apples, then rest of sugar mixture.
- Dot the filling with margarine. Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Roll out remaining crust. Cut out a design using a knife or cookie cutter (i.e. four small leaves). Place crust over pie; trim edges.
- Fold pastry overhang under then bring up over pie plate rim. Pinch to form a high edge then make your choice of decorative edge.
- For golden glaze, brush the top crust (not the edge) lightly with some soy or rice milk. Bake pie for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden.
Submit a Recipe